Monday, August 8, 2016

Sewing for Baby: Haven Romper

I am super excited to share this project with you today!  I love this pattern!  The pattern is from Violette Fields Threads and is called the Haven Dress and Romper.  The first thing that I love about this pattern is the versatility of it.  There are three main options: bubble shorts romper (what I chose for this project), pantaloons romper, and dress.  The sizes included are 6-12 months to 10 years. There are two different bodice options: a sun-suit bodice and a full coverage bodice.  The bodice can also include a lace (or any fabric really) inset piece.  For the shorts romper there is an option to add snaps which I chose for quick diaper changes.



I chose to make the bubble shorts version with the full coverage bodice without an inset.  For the fabrics I used a navy cotton fabric for the shorts and fabric from a vintage sheet for the bodice.  I used pre-made bias tape for the trim of the bodice and lace eyelet for the back straps.  I used pink KAM snaps for the snap panels.

The instructions of the pattern were very easy to follow and the pictures in the tutorial were great.  I love the vintage look of the pattern and I will be using it again and again.  I can't wait to make the dress version!


I was so excited to finish this project in time for Lyla's one year professional photos.  Notice that I used the same vintage sheet fabric in her teepee (don't worry, I will write a post on that project soon, I promise).  Isn't it just a darling romper!

Here is a look at the other posts in the Sewing for Baby series:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...