Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sewing for Baby: Changing Pad Cover

I am back today with the 3rd installment in my Sewing for Baby series.  So far I have blogged about making cloth wipes and a car seat canopy.  Today I would like to share the changing pad covers that I made.  This is not a tutorial because I found a great tutorial on Pinterest that I followed verbatim.  I followed this tutorial from the blog View From the Fridge.  The blogger gives instructions on how to make the covers with two fabrics or just one.  I loved the look of the two fabrics so that is what I chose to make.

I decided to make two covers (I will probably make 1 or 2 more in the future).  I chose two cotton fabrics: the floral print is from Joann Fabrics and the bird print is a Michael Miller design that I picked up at our local fabric shop Modern Textiles.  Fabric.com sells some great embossed minky fabrics.  I decided to purchase a navy chevron minky and a navy marquise minky.  This project was very simple and it took me just a few hours to complete.

You can see in these next pictures that this corner of the room is pretty much complete.
Hopefully you aren't getting tired of nursery posts because I have a backlog of at least 5 more posts on the subject.  I haven't decided yet whether I will do the big room reveal before or after the baby comes so you may have to wait in suspense for a while on that one;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...