Thursday, September 3, 2015

Monthly Baby Photos



We had Lyla's newborn photos taken professionally at 2.5 weeks and I absolutely love the way they turned out.  I definitely plan on having professional photos taken again at 1 year but I also wanted to get in on the monthly baby photo trend.  The most common monthly photos in this trend have been of the baby in a onesie with the month on it but I wanted to do something a little different.

I love all things vintage and since her nursery has a vintage travel theme, I thought it would be fun to incorporate that into her monthly photos.  The vision of a vintage suitcase and ivory and burlap came to me.  I found the suitcase at a local antique mall.  I knew it would go perfectly with the burlap and lace bunting that I made.


I placed an ivory chevron blanket that I found with the dorm bedding at Target over an under-the-bed storage box.  I put a burlap runner over that. Then I placed a shoebox in the suitcase and put some ivory rose minky fabric from fabric.com over the suitcase and shoebox.  The bead board plaque is from Michael's.  Oh and the cute little dress is from Gap Kids.  I also found some things at Hobby Lobby and made her a cute headband for the photos.
I mean the dress has a kitten on it, how adorable is that! And who doesn't love a giant flower on a baby girl's head? As you can see the plaque moved around I few times until I found the right placement.  I used my photo editing software to write "1 month" on the plaque.  As she grows older, I imagine her actually sitting in the suitcase.  It will be so cute!  Well that is it for my short post on my idea for Lyla's monthly baby photos.  I will leave you with one more photo of my daughter hamming it up for the camera though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...