Thursday, September 11, 2014

DIY Bracelet Holder

I am back this evening with a post on a simple project that I created in an afternoon. The best part of this project is that it only required stuff I had laying around the house already with the exception of one item.  So I have an obsession with a particular item of jewelry/accessory but it stems partially from necessity.  I have been teaching at the same school for the past 4 years and the clock in my classroom never seems to work.  Because of this I have gotten in the habit of wearing a watch everyday.  The danger of this is that there are a lot of cute watches out there so my collection has gotten fairly large.  I needed a way to store all of them.  I am no stranger to jewelry and accessory organization.  My post on my necklace and scarf organizer and my earring frames has been viewed 36,000 times. I had no idea it would be so popular!
After seeing this post from the iheartorganizing blog I knew that I had to make my own bracelet display.  So I gathered up my supplies and got to work.

Supplies:
1. Paper towel tube-I actually had a sturdy cardboard tube from my Silhouette adhesive vinyl
2. Wood plaque for the base-this was my only purchased item for this project at $2.99
3. Wooden dowel-I had some leftover from my washi tape organizing project
4. Fabric-I used leftover fabric from some monogrammed napkins that I made this summer
5. Drill
6. Glue gun
7. Mod Podge
8. Paint-the little bottle of Martha Stewart Vintage Gold paint that I got at Home Depot can last for a lot of projects!

I started by sawing my dowel down to the length I wanted and then drilling a hole in the wood plaque just a little smaller than the wooden dowel.  I didn't glue it in because it was pretty snug and our wood glue was dried up but you can if you want it to be more secure.
I then painted to coats of gold paint after I did a coat of primer.
Next I used Mod Podge to attach the fabric to the paper towel tube.
I used my drill to put the hole in my cardboard tube since it was really thick but if you are using a paper towel tube you might want to use something like an knife to poke the hole.  I used hot glue to secure the tube to the base.


And that is it.  My $2.99 bracelet and watch display is complete.  I apologize for my dusty dresser in the pictures above.  Maybe dusting needs to be my next project.  Right now I am hard at work on my next project because look what showed up on my porch on Tuesday!  I can't wait to share this one with you next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...