Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's A Girl Cookie Mix

Hello!  I am here with a quick post tonight.  I intended on having one more post in April but that depended on me figuring out how to use my serger and, well, I am still working on that.  Hopefully I will get it soon!

Today's post is another gift post.  I just love making gifts especially when it involves my Silhouette. This past weekend three of my awesome friends threw me a baby shower.  They were the best hostesses a girl could ask for because I didn't have do a single thing and the shower was so amazing. The food was delicious, the games were fun, and the decorations were so cute.  I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends.

To thank them for their hard work I decided to make some hostess gifts.  I love it when people give me mixes in a jar so I started by making some cookie mixes in quart size jars.
Nestle Tollhouse is selling fun springtime chocolate chips right now that have semi sweet chocolate chips with pink and yellow chips.  To make the mix you need to layer the ingredients into your quart size jar in the following order:

  • 1 and 1/3 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup cooking oats
  • 1 and 1/4 cups chocolate chips (you could also add m and m's)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
I made sure to pack all the ingredients after putting them in the jar so that everything would fit.
I used the print and cut feature on my Silhouette to make labels using the printable gold foil.
Next I printed the baking directions on white sticker paper and cut them to the size of the top of the jar with the Silhouette and then I stuck them on the tops of the jars.  Here are the baking directions:

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Stir dry ingredients in a large bowl
  • Add 1/2 cup of butter (almost melted), 1 slightly beaten egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Combine thoroughly
  • Roll into 1/2 inch balls
  • Bake for 10 minutes

Finally I cut some squares of fabric from my scrap supply with pinking sheers and used a rubber band to secure the fabric to the top of the jar.  Then I tied pieces of baker's twine over the rubber band.
I also gave each hostess a gift card to a local self serve yogurt place.  I made the gift card holders with kraft paper and the print and cut feature on the Silhouette.
You may notice that there are 4 jars.  One of my hostesses had a cousin that helped out a lot with the shower and I wanted to thank her too.  It was so wonderful of her to help!  Now the nursery is full of all of the great gifts that I got at the shower.  I feel so loved!  I will be back with another nursery post once I can get all of those wonderful gifts organized and put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...