Saturday, April 4, 2015

Blackout Curtain Panels for the Nursery

Hello!  One of the advantages of working in a private Christian school is having a nice long Easter break.  I spent the first two days of my break working on curtains for the nursery.  This won't be a tutorial because I assembled these curtains in pretty much the same way as all the other curtains in my home.  I will put some links at the bottom of this post to other curtain posts I have done.

With the other curtains in my home I used cheap twin flat sheets as lining fabric but for these panels I used blackout fabric which will be important in the baby's room.  I don't like spending all the extra money but I know I will appreciate it when I am trying to put baby R to sleep when there is still daylight.  I also used multiple fabrics on the front side of the panel.  That just involved sewing some straight (ish) lines and pressing some seams, no big deal.

Here are the links to the fabrics I used:



I added grommets with a brass finish to the tops.  For the curtain rod I was inspired by these rods from Restoration Hardware:

I found a similar looking rod with crystal finials at Target and spray painted it with gold paint.  

I love these sweet curtains so much.  I was originally going to go with navy and white for the curtains but I am so glad I went for the bright color pop with the coral!

Click on the pictures below to read about my other diy curtains.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica, Looking so beautiful! Lots of hard work definitely paid off! This is a very well way to help users that you show step by step with photo how to make a best blackout curtain.Thanks for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. , Blackout curtain is the right kind of curtain to create the peaceful living and beautify the house. Not only this, but these curtains can be used for many purposes and also help people meet their needs.
    Blackout curtain

    ReplyDelete
  3. pinch pleat curtains

    Find custom pinch pleat drapes and grommet curtains at Spiffy Spools. Read our drapery headings styles guide to choose the right look for your decor.

    https://www.spiffyspools.com/pages/curtain-headings-style-guide

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...