Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Card Display Frame


Well it is officially Christmas break.  I am so excited to have 2 weeks off after 2 busy weeks filled with two big Christmas concerts, a piano recital, and a tour with my 4th and 5th grade choir.  I am so proud of how all my students performed but I am definitely in need of this break.

The break means that I have some time to complete some projects as well as share some that have already been completed.  Last weekend I made a simple Christmas card display out of a frame, some spray paint, and some ribbon that I had lying around the house.  In the past, I have taped Christmas cards to the inside of our front door but after seeing a few different ideas for displaying Christmas cards on Pinterest, I thought I would create something cute of my own.


I started with an open frame that I bought at 50% off at Michael's.  I was originally going to paint it gold with the Vintage Gold Martha Stewart paint that I had leftover from my armoire project.  But I thought about my lovely aqua walls in the living room and knew that I had to paint it bright red.  I love the combo of red and aqua!  So I picked up a $5 can of red Valspar spray paint at Lowes.
I then applied 3 thin coats of the spray paint to the frame and stuck it on our porch to off gas.
Then I gathered some ribbon that I had laying around (most of the time I buy ribbon on clearance when I am at craft stores so I always have a nice supply on hand).  I used a glue gun to attach the ribbon pieces to the back of the frame.
And here is what it looks like in that corner of the room.
I found some cute mini clothes pins at Hobby Lobby which I used to hang the cards on the ribbons. There are a few more cards on there now. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope to have a few more posts up before my two week break is finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...