Saturday, February 3, 2018

Pumpkin Spice Lactation Muffins


Happy February!  It is crazy to me that it is February already and that my littlest one just turned 4 months about a week ago.  The last few days before she turned 4 months were not very fun as the stomach flu hit our house pretty hard.  The girls and I both had it and it was a pretty nasty strain of it.  No matter how much water I try to drink when I have the stomach flu I still tend to experience a little bit of a dip in my milk supply and this time was no different.  When Lyla was a baby I came across these delicious pumpkin lactation muffins and made batches upon batches of them.  I struggled a lot more with my milk supply in general with her.  When Ana was born I decided to make a batch of these right away but was dismayed to see that the recipe and post no longer existed.

I found a couple of other recipes for pumpkin lactation muffins but they just weren't the same.  So I decided to see if I could recreate the recipe myself and I am happy to say that I was successful.  I am writing this post more for myself to preserve the recipe but they are quite tasty so I'm sure others will appreciate this recipe as well.  Now I am not a food blogger so my pictures leave a lot to be desired.


Trust me they are much better than my not so great photos lead you to believe.  These muffins are perfect.  They taste like good pumpkin bread and are so moist.  I love to load them up with dark chocolate chips and walnuts.  They are seriously my favorite and if you leave out the brewer's yeast and flax they could be some tasty regular old muffins as well.


Here is a link to the recipe if you want to print it.  Next up for the blog: I have a few sewing projects, another idea for non candy homemade Valentines, and someday I will finally share all of the updates to out living room because it has come a long way from the dark purple room from when we moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...