Friday, October 21, 2016

Nursery Book Ledges

Hello Everyone!  I am happy to announce that now that Lyla is almost 15 months old her room is finally done!  Over a year ago I shared the big nursery reveal with you but there has been one more thing that I still wanted in the room that we ran out of time to do before Lyla was born.  I had plans for book ledges on the wall next to her closet on the north side of her room.  
I loved seeing that banner from the baby shower on that wall over the past year but otherwise that wall seemed empty.  Now that wall has functional storage for all of her books! My husband did all of the work on this one so I can't take any of the credit.  Don't they look amazing!  He used Ana White's plans for ten dollar picture ledges.  They work great for storing books as well as displaying picture frames.  




Depending on the thickness of the book you can fit the books 3-4 deep on the ledges so it can store a lot of books.  We made sure that the bottom shelf was low enough for Lyla to be able to take books off herself.  All of the books with paper pages went on the top shelf so that Lyla couldn't get them herself and rip the pages.  It is so nice for reading her a story at nap and bedtime because I just grab a book while sitting in the rocking chair.  Lyla also likes it when I let her pick out the book to read.  

Thanks for reading this post!  I have many posts to come in the near future including bow tie pacifier clips, a Harry Potter onesie, updates on the bonus room, and Lyla's kitty Halloween costume.  See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Love it! Ok, when is John free to come put some up for us? Lol! Great work. Nursery looks even better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...