Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Floral Arrangements

Wow, it has been over a month since I posted!  First of all my MacBook met its demise 2 weeks ago and there was really no warning for it.  I just turned it on one day and the screen was a bright white screen with a flashing folder with a question mark.  There was also a clicking sound coming from the hard drive.  It had a good long life for a laptop so I wasn't too sad.  Now I am typing on a shiny new MacBook Pro.  One of the awesome things about this is I can now import photos to my computer so much faster!  

I wanted my next post to be about our bedroom but it was not in the cards.  I thought we might be done with it this weekend but we made an error while cutting the quarter round and needed to get more.  Our Lowes no longer carries the shade of quarter round that I bought only two weeks ago!  So I had to order it for store pick-up and it won't be in until November 16th, grr.


So in the mean time I found a little fall decorating project to occupy my time.  I still had Easter decorations on the table so it was time for a change!  I found a really pretty picture of flowers inside a pumpkin on Pinterest and I thought I would give it a try myself.  The picture from Pinterest was of real flowers in real pumpkins but I decided to make mine out of fake flowers and craft pumpkins.  

Michaels was having a sale on their craft pumpkins so I picked up a few but they were out of the smaller white ones so I was sad.  But then I was at Target and they had some white craft pumpkins so I snagged of those for $8.
I started by cutting the tops of of the pumpkins with a kitchen knife.  It is just like carving a real pumpkin except that you don't have to dig all of the slimy goop out of the middle.




Then I took some floral foam and placed it in the bottom.  I was going to glue it in but I didn't know what type of glue to use so I decided to go without it.

I had purchased a mixture of orange, yellow, and white florals at Michaels.  Most of them had too long of stem so I lopped them off and began sticking them in the floral foam.

And this is how they turned out.  The project was fairly cheep and took only about 30 minutes to complete.

I had to add a little sparkle so I added some glittery orange feathers.

Ahh, I love fall.  I think that these turned out beautifully and I will enjoy having them on the table until December.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea. They turned out great! I need to find some time to do projects like these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...